Djalma Pereira Dias dos Santos known simply as Djalma Santos (27 February 1929 – 23 July 2013) was a Brazilian footballer who started for the Brazil national team in four World Cups, winning two, in 1958 and 1962. Santos is considered to be one of the greatest right-backs of all time. While primarily known for his defensive skills which earned him the nickname Muralha (the wall) , he often ventured upfield and displayed some impressive technical and attacking skills.

Santos started his career in his hometown with Portuguesa. He initially played in midfield before being deployed in the centre of defence. He was later moved to the right side of defence. In 1959, he moved to Palmeiras. He played almost 500 games for the club, winning several league and cup titles including Campeonato Paulista (three times), Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (three times) and the Torneio Rio – São Paulo in 1965. He left the club in 1968, joining Atlético Paranaense for a short spell before retiring in 1970. Known for being a correct player, Santos was never sent off during his entire career.

Santos made 98 official appearances for Brazil between 1952 and 1968, and was in the squad for four consecutive World Cups between 1954 and 1966. In 1958, Santos did not play until the final against Sweden. Brazil won the match 5–2, with Santos being one of the outstanding performers. As a result, despite only playing one match in the tournament, he was included in the tournament's All-Star Team.

In 1962, Santoa played in all of Brazil's games. In the final against Czechoslovakia he set up the final goal for Brazil. Noting that the goalkeeper was off his line, Santos lofted a long, massive, high arcing ball, into the goalmouth aided by the glare of the afternoon sun. The Czech goalkeeper mishandled the cross, and Brazilian striker Vavá hammered the ball into goal. By 1966, Djalma was past his best and controversially selected ahead of rising star of Carlos Alberto. Failing to produce, he was soon dropped and after Brazil's failure that tournament, he retired shortly after.